Silkier, smoother, natural-looking lips Lips You Want
Lips with natural-looking volume and Kysse-able softness
Why it’s special: Finally, a filler that can help you achieve your ideal lips.
Restylane® Silk is the first FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older.
Benefits of Restylane Silk
Less product, same results
What is Restylane® Silk?
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip. Restylane Silk is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas by using smaller, smoother hyaluronic acid particles than those used in other Restylane® products.
How is Restylane® Silk different than other dermal fillers?
Restylane® Silk is specially formulated specifically for lip augmenation injections. It is indicated to increase the appearance of volume in the lips, and smooth vertical lines and wrinkles. The hyaluronic acid molecules used in this product are slightly different as they are smaller and smoother than particles in other dermal fillers.
What are the potential side effects of Restylane® Silk?
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site and impaired hand function. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
When will I see a difference? How long will my lip injection results with Restylane® Silk last?
Visible results from Restylane® Silk injections are immediate, however final results are seen within two weeks following treatment. Most patients say that they continue to see the improvments from Restylane® Silk injections for up to six months.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
- Restylane Silk is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane Silk contains trace amounts of gram positive bacterial proteins, and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane Silk is contraindicated for patients with bleeding disorders.
- Restylane Silk is contraindicated for implantation in anatomical spaces other than the dermis or submucosal implantation for lip augmentation.
- Restylane Silk should not be used in patients with previous hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type, such as lidocain.
One of the risks with these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.