Get rid of age spots, brown pigments, discoloration, and redness due to broken capillaries, and incorporates breakthrough innovations in medical beauty to improve appearance of skin.
IPL PHOTOFACIAL THERAPY
Want smooth, even skin that glows with natural radiance? We got your covered, the Alma IPL Photofacial is a cutting-edge rejuvenation treatment that restores youthfulness and radiance, giving you clear, healthy-looking skin, no matter the age or climate. With minimal downtime and no significant side-effects, it’s a safe and quick way to bring out your skin’s real beauty.
IPL Photofacial is a high-tech, high-impact photo-rejuvenation system designed to remedy a range of blemishes and skin imperfections. The procedure attacks and gets rid of age spots, brown pigments, discoloration, and redness due to broken capillaries, and incorporates breakthrough innovations in medical beauty to improve the appearance of skin.
Alma IPL Photofacial treatment delivers noticeably smoother, more youthful-looking skin over a series of treatment sessions. The procedure works by beaming light onto the surface of the skin in short pulses to promote collagen production and rejuvenate skin from within. With multiple sessions spread over a treatment regimen, the laser pulses help to fade away spots, fine lines, redness, pores, broken capillaries, rosacea signs, and even under-eye circles. Safe and non-invasive, the Alma IPL Photofacialprocedure is a top-of-the-line skincare solution that corrects photo-aged skin and evens out tone and texture. And with our trained specialists, you know you’re in good hands.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED
Any part of your body with uneven skin tone, diffuse redness, or pigmented areas can be safely treated. The face, chest, shoulders, and arms are the most common areas for IPL treatment because they typically have had the most sun exposure.
PRICE & INFO
Consultation | BOOK NOW
Single Treatment |
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is an IPL Photofacial?
IPL (intense pulsed light) Photofacial is an innovative way to quickly, safely and comfortably improve your skin’s texture, tone, and color. Through a non-invasive method of photo-rejuvenation, IPL treats photo-aged skin, removes pigmented lesions, and diminishes redness caused by broken capillaries. IPL helps restore a more youthful appearance, leaving skin clear and healthy looking without any downtime*.
How does IPL Photofacial work?
IPL Photofacial utilizes a non-laser medical device that delivers a series of gentle pulses of visible light onto the surface of your skin. In a series of treatments, the pulses of light target the skin to effectively eliminate redness, broken capillaries, hyperpigmentation (brown spots), sun damage, large pores, fine lines, and rosacea conditions*. Some clients choose to have chemical peels or microdermabrasion treatments in conjunction with IPL treatments to enhance results.
How does it work?
Just before an IPL treatment, your practitioner will provide you with protective eyewear and apply the gel to the areas to be treated. During the treatment, the cool, glass surface of the Alma IPL handpiece is gently applied to the skin. A pulse of light is then delivered to the skin surface. Many clients describe the feeling like a mild, brief pinching sensation.
Will my skin look bad afterward?
Immediately following an IPL treatment, you may have some slight reddening of the skin which typically subsides within a couple of hours*. Sun damage spots and age spots temporarily darken, and over the course of 1-3 weeks, the darkened spots will flake off and fade, leaving you with a clear complexion*.
When will I See Results?
Many clients see significant improvement within the first few treatments, IPL Photofacial provides gradual, natural improvement with excellent long-term results. You will notice a reduction in redness, flushing, and dilated capillaries*. Your skin will look healthier as sun damage, fine lines, pore size, and irregular pigmentation is minimized. Results from an IPL treatment series typically last for a year or longer*.
How many treatments do I need to see results?
Even with just one treatment, your skin will look noticeably improved. On average, 4-6 treatments are recommended, scheduled at 3-4 week intervals. However, results may vary on an individual basis.
Will the Spots and Redness Reappear Over Time?
Over time, new spots may appear if there is sufficient sun exposure. These can also be removed*. It is imperative to apply sunscreen when outdoors to minimize sun damage and the appearance of new spots and excessive redness.
PRE & POST CARE
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 3 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 1 to 3 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to IPL.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid, if possible, Ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 3 days prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Botox and/or fillers within 2 weeks prior to IPL is not recommended.
- You may experience a sunburned sensation immediately following treatment, although rare, some slight swelling is possible.
- Darkening of freckles and other areas is normal. If this occurs, do not pick or exfoliate the areas. They will flake off or lighten on their own over the next week if on the face and over the next several weeks if on the body.
- If you experience a burn, gently cleanse the area and use hydrocortisone cream on the area several times a day for the next week. If the mark opens, also use antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please notify us immediately of any burns.
- Use SPF 30 or higher daily on treated area if exposed.
- You may generally resume normal skincare regimen after three days following
treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.
- Make-up may be applied the day after your treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.
This treatment must be performed by a trained Therapist. Our Body Specialists are trained Therapists that specialize in aesthetic, non-surgical, non- invasive body transformation procedures.