Laser Hair Removal
Say goodbye to unwanted hair and hello to smooth results (that work). Rejuvalase Medspa offers laser hair removal technology that is a safe and effective solution for targeting hair on virtually any part of your body.
Abdomen Trail, Areolas, Chin, Cheeks, Ears, Feet & Toes, Hand & Fingers, Monobrow, Sideburns, and Upper Lip.
Bikini Line, Neck, Lower Arms, Inner Buttocks, Underarms, Shoulders, Upper Arms, and Inner Thighs.
Abdomen (full), Arms, Brazilian, Buttocks, Chest, Face (full), Legs (upper or lower), and Neck.
Extra Large Areas
Back (full), Chest & Abdomen, and Legs (full).
Having unwanted hair can be frustrating and annoying—especially when using razors, hot wax, and other hair removal methods can be painful and time-consuming. Fortunately, those aren’t your only options. Our laser professionals have mastered the process of Laser Hair Removal and stand behind it as one of the best ways to get rid of that hair for good. After all, they’ve performed over six million treatments.
What is laser hair removal?
Thanks to advances in laser technology, Rejuvalase’s laser hair removal procedure is a safe and painless alternative to outmoded methods. There is no irritation, unpleasant sensation or discomfort of any kind—all you feel is a tingling sensation. The procedure is administered in our ultramodern facility equipped with the latest solutions in wellness and personal grooming so you can make the most of medical breakthroughs without breaking the bank.
Our treatment is a complete end-to-end procedure that gets rid of exposed hair as well as stubborn ingrown hair. It’s safe for all skin types and hair colors and can be applied to all parts of the body—even the most sensitive areas.
How does it work?
Forget about having to fuss with razors and waxes, with our top-of-the-line hair removal treatment, you’ll get the silky-smooth bare skin you’ve always wanted. Getting rid of excessive and unwanted body hair with speed and amazing comfort is now a reality with Alma Harmony XL and Soprano XL.
If you’re looking for a more semi-permanent solution to excessive or unwanted hair, laser hair removal is the way to go. Not only does it remove hair, but it’s also proven to permanently reduce hair growth (with regular treatments,) giving you a longer-lasting solution. That means you can go for longer periods before having to groom. Whether it’s a girls’ night out or a day at the beach, you won’t have to make time for a long, drawn-out hair-removal regimen before heading out.
And the best part is, we don’t reserve this service just for the ladies. As one of Stafford’s most favored med spa, we cater to the hair-removal needs of discerning men as well.
What Can I Expect?
Our trained laser professionals will walk you through the treatment process every step of the way. At the beginning of the procedure, your provider will apply a protective laser gel to your skin. The light of the laser beam transforms into heat when it comes into contact with the hair, seeking out melanin and deactivating the hair follicles to inhibit further growth.
Book Online or contact us today 540-720-8881 for your personalized, one on one consult with our skin and laser specialists!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
The Laser Hair Removal system emits near-infrared laser light that is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicle. The laser is pulsed, or turned on, for only a fraction of a second. The duration of each pulse is just long enough to damage the follicle, while the system’s unique, patented contact-cooling handpiece, helps protect the skin by conductive cooling during the laser energy delivery.
What do treatments feel like?
The Laser Hair Removal handpiece cools and soothes as it glides along your skin. When the pulse of light is delivered, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation. No local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required; however, some patients may prefer to use a topical anesthetic when sensitive areas are treated.
What happens after treatment?
Following Laser Hair Removal treatment, you can return to your normal activities right away, but the treated area may appear a bit red and swollen. The use of sunscreen is recommended on any treated areas exposed to the sun. In addition, your laser specialist may recommend that you use a specially formulated skin care product line or prescribe a skin care regimen especially formulated for your skin type. Three to seven days after treatment you may experience what seems to be regrowth of hair. Actually, most of these hairs are being shed as a result of your treatment and are not regrowing. Between treatments, you should not wax or pluck your hair, but it is permissible to shave.
What are the possible side effects?
Although clients experience few side effects with Laser Hair Removal, the most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin, similar to a sunburn. These effects typically last for several hours or less. In rare instances, blistering may occur. Consult with our laser specialists for complete information on the benefits and risks of treatment.
What areas can be treated?
Laser Hair Removal can remove hair from all parts of the body including the face, legs, arms, underarms, and back. It can also treat sensitive areas like the chest, nipples, and bikini line.
How many treatments will I need?
Most areas require 6-8 treatments. However, the number of treatments required for optimal long-term benefits depends on multiple factors – hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle. Interestingly, not all hairs are actively growing at the same time and actually go through three distinct phases: growth, regression, and resting. Laser Hair Removal works by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment. Since other hairs will enter this active growth phase at different times, additional treatments may be necessary to disable all of the hair follicles in a given area.
Does Laser Hair Removal work on tanned/different skin colors?
Laser Hair Removal safely and effectively treats all skin types (Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-VI) as well as tanned skin. For darker skin types and people with tans, appropriate fluences are generally lower and appropriate pulse widths are generally longer to prevent damage to the epidermis. Using the appropriate treatment parameters, however, people with all skin types can benefit from Laser Hair Removal.
How does Laser Hair Removal compare with other hair removal methods?
Shaving, waxing, and depilatory creams are all temporary methods that must be repeated on a frequent basis and none of those methods can successfully reduce ingrown hair. By eliminating the hair follicle, Laser Hair Removal offers permanent hair reduction and treatment of ingrown for lasting results. Laser Hair Removal provides enhanced comfort during treatment, minimal risk of infection, speed, and accuracy and also minimizes skin irritation that other methods may create.
How does Laser Hair Removal compare with electrolysis?
Electrolysis is a tedious, invasive, and painful process that involves inserting a needle into each individual hair follicle and delivering an electrical charge to them one at a time. Electrolysis often requires years of treatments at regular intervals. Since Laser Hair Removal is non-invasive (no needles to penetrate the skin), the risk of introducing bacteria into the skin is reduced. Laser Hair Removal is fast, allowing for larger areas to be treated and considerably increasing the efficiency of the hair removal process. By delivering light energy to hundreds of hair follicles at a time, Laser Hair Removal effectively treats an area in just seconds that would take over an hour with electrolysis.
Why choose Rejuvalase’s Laser Hair Removal over other laser hair removal systems?
Using the latest technology in Laser Hair Removal, Rejuvalase Medspa offers both the Alma Harmony Laser System and the Alma Saprano. Both systems were designed from the ground up for hair removal, so they possess the wavelength, fluence, pulse width, and active epidermal cooling system, ideally suited for Laser Hair Removal. Cleared for permanent hair reduction, Rejuvalase’s Laser Hair Removal systems can treat men and women of all skin types and tones safely and effectively, even patients with a suntan. Our Laser Hair Removal systems can rapidly address large areas without the limitations of older technologies and are adjustable enough to treat the fine hair on a woman’s upper lip just as easily and effectively as the coarse hair on a man’s back. The customized cooling feature increases patient comfort and minimizes the adverse skin reaction commonly seen with other lasers and the unique design and longer wavelength allow extremely effective, safe and permanent results.
PRE & POST CARE
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication, or any irritating or drying products for 3 days prior to each treatment.
- Please notify Rejuvalase Medspa of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may have an effect on the ability to safely or effectively provide treatment.
- You may bring makeup or concealer to re-apply on facial areas or to cover redness post-treatment.
After Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles, and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
- If crusting or blistering develops apply Vaseline or ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact our office if the area shows signs of a worsening condition.
- Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to the next few weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle and is not new growth. Once the hair has fully shed you may be hair-free for a few days, up to a few weeks leading up to your next treatment.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment to minimize discomfort. If the areas are not cleanly shaved, we may not be able to treat them.
- Your session typically is scheduled in 4 weeks for facial areas, 6 to 8 weeks for other areas of the body. Adhering to this schedule is important to ensure the success of the treatments.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or sugaring is to be avoided between sessions. Shaving or trimming of hair may be resumed normally during the duration of treatment.