PIXEL RESURFACINGMED SPA TREATMENTS » SKIN REJUVENATION
If you’ve considered skin resurfacing with microdermabrasion, deep chemical peels, or aggressive laser treatments, but hesitated because of the extended recovery time, Pixel Perfect may be the right solution for you. It provides similar dramatic results through a superior technology with fewer risks and much faster healing time.
The Benefits of Pixel Perfect
Clear years of sun damage
Shrink the appearance of pores
Smooth out acne scars
Pixel is safe for all types
Improve the appearance of white stretch marks
stimulates collagen regeneration
What is Pixel PERFECT RESURFACING?
Pixel Laser Resurfacing is a state-of-the art skin rejuvenation treatment that is commonly referred to as the next generation of fractional laser treatments. It helps to improve skin texture, lighten pigmentation, soften wrinkles, reduce pore size, and smooth out scars (including acne scars) and stretch marks without the recovery time and discomfort associated with other resurfacing lasers. Pixel laser treatment also tightens loose skin by stimulating new collagen formation, which results in skin continuing to improve for up to 6 months after the treatment series.
Targeted, effective treatment
Pixel Perfect is one of the revolutionary skin treatments from Alma Lasers that offers you the chance to look younger, healthier and let your inner radiance free. The laser treatment can clear years of sun damage such as age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Pixel Perfect can also shrink the appearance of pores and smooth out acne scars, giving you the soft and flawless skin of years gone by. In other words, Pixel Perfect can help transform blotchy, spotted and pockmarked skin into the radiant glow of one’s youth.
What areas of the body can Pixel Laser Resurfacing treat?
The most popular areas include the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands, although other areas of the body can be treated, including your most intimate areas. Read more about Vaginal Rejuvenation.
What Can I Expect?
Pixel Perfect laser technology lifts away years from your face and stimulates new collagen to grow. It improves your skin’s texture and tone to fight fine lines, wrinkles, and even acne scars. Pixel Perfect works by creating thousands of microscopic perforations. The skin around each of these perforations remains intact, allowing your skin to heal from the edge of these tiny openings very rapidly. This significantly improves the texture, tone, and appearance of your complexion. Safe and non-invasive, the Alma Pixel Perfect laser technology is a top-of-the-line skincare solution that can help remove years from your face, smooth fine lines & wrinkles, shrink the appearance of pores and blend uneven pigmentation.
How Much Does Pixel Cost?
Do you have more questions?
Rejuvalase’s goal is to enhance, rejuvenate and improve your appearance. Our trained team uses a combination of medical technology and services to create the most effective treatments. We provide each client with an individualized plan tailored to their needs. Book Online or contact us today 540-720-8881 for your personalized, one on one consult with our skin and laser specialists!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Pixel Perfect Resurfacing?
Pixel is effective for treating a variety of common skin concerns including acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, rough skin texture, sun damaged skin, melasma and other forms of hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, stretch marks, and surgical scars. Pixel can be performed on the face, neck, chest and most other areas of the body.
Am I a Good Candidate for Pixel Perfect Resurfacing?
Anyone whose skin shows signs of aging is a candidate for Pixel Perfect. The most dramatic results are seen on people who have tried non-invasive therapies and are looking for something more aggressive. The best candidates have moderate sun damage, are in good health, have good health habits and typically take good care of their skin.
How does Pixel Fractional Skin Resurfacing work?
The Pixel laser creates many tiny laser holes in the skin, removing part of the top layer of skin. It leaves the surrounding skin cells intact to serve as a reservoir for rapid healing. The laser stimulates new collagen growth to smooth and tighten the skin. You will continue to make new collagen for 6 months after a Pixel treatment.
Does the treatment hurt?
There is some discomfort during the laser treatment. We use a Zimmer, which blows cold air over the skin to help numb the skin during the treatment. After the Pixel treatment is performed, there will be a sunburn-type sensation. We treat small sections of the skin and apply a topical numbing cream, which relieves the heat sensation very quickly. We provide you with a jar of the topical numbing cream to reapply at home for the first 24 hours as needed for any discomfort.
How frequently do I need treatments?
Pixels are done as frequently as 1 month apart. For conditions such as acne scarring, patients typically need 3-5 treatments. For skin rejuvenation, Pixel may be combined with other treatments such as Photofacial or skin-tightening – the number of Pixel treatments performed will vary depending on the needs of the patient.
Can I Combine Pixel with Other Treatments?
Yes! Combining IPL and Pixel laser therapies in one treatment session is highly recommended as they offer a synergistic result. The dual action of the two laser arms causes your skin to gently peel away while clearing unwanted pigmentation leaves your skin unblemished and smooth with beautiful skin tones.
What can I expect after the treatment?
The treated area will be very red and swollen for the first 24-48 hours. The skin will begin to flake and peel on days 3-4. This is especially noticeable during cleansing the skin. The skin on the face is usually essentially healed after 5 days – though there may still be some redness. The skin on areas of the body (anywhere off the face) can take at least twice as long to heal because the skin turns over more slowly and does not have as many oil glands present. Most clients can begin to apply mineral makeup after 3-4 days. We recommend scheduling a microdermabrasion appointment 1-2 weeks after your treatment to complete the process of eliminating the dead skin cells and rehydrating your skin.
What Do I Need to do to Maintain Results?
The best way to maintain results is to protect the skin from the sun. One or two Pixel treatments per year are helpful in some patients to keep brown spots and fine lines at bay. A home skin care regimen will be recommended to you after a full assessment of your skin. Each person is different and Rejuvalase MedSpa will have a customized treatment plan recommended for you by your therapist.
What If I Need A Touch Up?
While Pixel Perfect reverses the appearance of aging, we can’t stop the aging process. Depending on your starting point and your lifestyle following treatment, your new look can last several months or longer. For most patients, a touch-up treatment after 6–12 months (usually using a different light-based skin rejuvenation technology) helps maintain a healthy glow.
PRE & POST CARE
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB
and UBA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Do not use exfoliants for 1 week prior to and 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- In some cases, you may be asked to “pre-treat” with lightening agents. Your technician will tell you whether or not and how long to use lightening agents prior to treatment. If you are using or are asked to use lightening agents, discontinue usage 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to Pixel.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid Ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 1 to 2 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Longevity of Botox and fillers treatments done any time within 6 months prior to face treatment will be affected and are not recommended.
- You will experience a sunburned sensation and pinking of skin immediately following treatment. Most people experience some level of discomfort (mild to severe) post-treatment for up to 12 hours. Although more unusual, swelling is possible.
- If “stacking” technique is used, you will experience a severe sunburned sensation, the skin may be raw, swelling is expected and the area may ooze.
- DO NOT cleanse the skin for 24 hours post-treatment. You may use cool compresses and mild/gentle moisturizer to help with any discomfort in the first 24 hours. Pinking or redness of the skin and burning sensation within the first 24 hours is normal.
- Tiny scabs or marks may be seen one to several days after the treatment if face/neck was treated and up to several weeks if “stacking” is used or treatment is done on the body. If any are marks are raw or open, use antibiotic ointment. Do not pick or scrub at the marks.
- For most face/neck treatments, cleanse the area and use gentle moisturizer beginning the day after the treatment and several times throughout the day while marks are present. If the “stacking” technique is used or if treatment is being done on the body, please see next bullet below.
- If “stacking” technique is done (please ask your technician if this will be done) or if treatment is being done on the body, gently cleanse the area, apply hydrocortisone cream followed by a thin layer of antibiotic ointment several times a day for the first week or until the area is healed.
- Otherwise, you generally may resume your normal facial skin care regimen after 3 days (or as otherwise advised by your technician).
- Use SPF 30 or higher daily on treated area if exposed.
- Generally, make-up may be applied the day after your treatment unless “stacking” is used, in which case make-up should not be used until the skin is healed.
Depending on your starting point and your lifestyle following treatment, your new look can last several months or longer. For most patients, a touch-up treatment after 6–12 months (usually using a different light-based skin rejuvenation technology) helps maintain a healthy glow.