IPL PhotofacialMED SPA TREATMENTS » SKIN REJUVENATION
Photofacial, or laser skin rejuvenation, is a 30-minute treatment that requires little to no recovery time. It is safe and extremely effective at treating the face, neck, and chest areas.
The Benefits of IPL Photofacial
Price saving options
Reduced acne and acne scars
Reduced age spots and sun spots
What is IPL Photofacial?
An IPL photofacial is a noninvasive, nonablative treatment that uses high-intensity pulses of visible light to improve such skin conditions as fine lines and wrinkles, freckles, age spots, rosacea, port-wine stains, and facial veins. It may also help treat mild to moderate acne and stretch marks, and it spurs collagen production.
How Does IPL Photofacial Work?
The treatment works by beaming light onto the surface of the skin in short pulses to promote collagen production and rejuvenate skin from within. With multiple treatments spread over a 4-5 weeks, the laser pulses help to fade away spots, fine lines, redness, pores, broken capillaries, rosacea signs, and even under-eye circles.
Is there any downtime?
Because there is minimal downtime, clients can have the treatment done on their lunch break and return to work afterward. Some may experience redness for a few hours. Overall, IPL photofacial side effects can include redness, peeling, swelling, blistering, scarring, and skin discolorations.
Am I A Good Candidate?
Photofacial treatments work best for people with:
- Lighter skin tones (Fitzpatrick skin type I-III)
- Pigmentation caused by aging, medication, or sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Shallow acne scarring with large pores
- Facial spider veins and broken capillaries
- No tanning within the last 3-4 weeks
IPL Photofacial Before And After
When Will I See Results from an IPL Photofacial?
Sun damage and skin complexion results are noticeable a few days after the first session. Your skin will continue to gradually improve, with a significant improvement in clarity and complexion after 1-2 weeks. Multiple IPL Photofacial sessions will improve the final outcome.
How Long Will My Results Last?
IPL Photofacial results are permanent. However, future sun exposure will make your skin susceptible to additional damage. But if you take good care of your skin and protect it from the sun, the underlying issues are less likely to return.
How Much Does IPL Photofacial Cost?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IPL (intense pulsed light) Photofacial is an innovative way to quickly, safely and comfortably improve your skin’s texture, tone, and color. Through a non-invasive method of photo-rejuvenation, IPL treats photo-aged skin, removes pigmented lesions, and diminishes redness caused by broken capillaries. IPL helps restore a more youthful appearance, leaving skin clear and healthy looking without any downtime*.
How does IPL Photofacial work?
IPL Photofacial utilizes a non-laser medical device that delivers a series of gentle pulses of visible light onto the surface of your skin. In a series of treatments, the pulses of light target the skin to effectively eliminate redness, broken capillaries, hyperpigmentation (brown spots), sun damage, large pores, fine lines, and rosacea conditions*. Some clients choose to have chemical peels or microdermabrasion treatments in conjunction with IPL treatments to enhance results.
How does it work?
Just before an IPL treatment, your practitioner will provide you with protective eyewear and apply the gel to the areas to be treated. During the treatment, the cool, glass surface of the Alma IPL handpiece is gently applied to the skin. A pulse of light is then delivered to the skin surface. Many clients describe the feeling like a mild, brief pinching sensation.
Will my skin look bad afterward?
Immediately following an IPL treatment, you may have some slight reddening of the skin which typically subsides within a couple of hours*. Sun damage spots and age spots temporarily darken, and over the course of 1-3 weeks, the darkened spots will flake off and fade, leaving you with a clear complexion*.
When will I See Results?
Many clients see significant improvement within the first few treatments, IPL Photofacial provides gradual, natural improvement with excellent long-term results. You will notice a reduction in redness, flushing, and dilated capillaries*. Your skin will look healthier as sun damage, fine lines, pore size, and irregular pigmentation is minimized. Results from an IPL treatment series typically last for a year or longer*.
How many treatments do I need to see results?
Even with just one treatment, your skin will look noticeably improved. On average, 4-6 treatments are recommended, scheduled at 3-4 week intervals. However, results may vary on an individual basis.
Will the Spots and Redness Reappear Over Time?
Over time, new spots may appear if there is sufficient sun exposure. These can also be removed*. It is imperative to apply sunscreen when outdoors to minimize sun damage and the appearance of new spots and excessive redness.
PRE & POST CARE
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 3 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 1 to 3 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to IPL.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid, if possible, Ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 3 days prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Botox and/or fillers within 2 weeks prior to IPL is not recommended.
- You may experience a sunburned sensation immediately following treatment, although rare, some slight swelling is possible.
- Darkening of freckles and other areas is normal. If this occurs, do not pick or exfoliate the areas. They will flake off or lighten on their own over the next week if on the face and over the next several weeks if on the body.
- If you experience a burn, gently cleanse the area and use hydrocortisone cream on the area several times a day for the next week. If the mark opens, also use antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please notify us immediately of any burns.
- Use SPF 30 or higher daily on treated area if exposed.
- You may generally resume normal skincare regimen after three days following
treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.
- Make-up may be applied the day after your treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.