Qwo Cellulite Treatment
Do you love your lower body but want to get rid of unattractive cellulite on your buttocks? QWO is the first FDA-approved injectable treatment that reduces the appearance of cellulite dimpling in the buttocks.
Say goodbye to embarrassing cellulite dimples on the buttocks
If you’ve tried improving your diet and exercise but still struggle with embarrassing cellulite on your buttocks, you’re not alone. Up to 90% of adult women experience some degree of cellulite in their lower body, regardless of their age, race, and weight.
That’s why the team at Endo Aesthetics™ created QWO®, the first FDA-approved injectable to treat moderate to severe cellulite in the buttocks of adult women.
QWO is designed to be administered in 3 treatment sessions, spaced 21 days apart
What is QWO?
QWO is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of moderate to severe cellulite in the buttocks of adult women.
How should I bring up cellulite at my visit?
It can be hard to talk about something as personal as your cellulite. We are here to listen and help you find a solution. You can take comfort in knowing that you’re not alone in your struggles with cellulite. Approximately 90% of women have cellulite, no matter what they eat or how much they exercise. Think about your goals beforehand and have them ready at your appointment. Describe how your cellulite makes you feel, and why you want to try a different treatment. Ask if we think QWO may be right for you.
How does QWO work?
QWO is a combination of naturally-occurring collagenases that are injected directly into your cellulite dimples. Once injected, QWO immediately goes to work breaking down types 1 and 3 collagen that cause cellulite dimpling in the buttocks.
Why do women get cellulite?
Over time, the collagen bands connecting the skin to its underlying tissues can strengthen and pull the skin downwards, pushing fat upwards against the skin and creating the depressions known as cellulite dimples. Cellulite is much more common among women than men because women have thinner skin, therefore when their collagen bands thicken, the effect on the skin is more pronounced.
What parts of the body can QWO treat?
QWO is currently FDA-approved to treat cellulite in the buttocks of adult women.
Who is a good candidate for QWO?
If you are a woman with moderate to severe cellulite dimpling in your buttocks, you may be a good candidate for QWO treatments. You may not be a good candidate for QWO if you are allergic to collagenase, have an infection in your buttocks, or wish to use QWO as a weight-loss treatment.
How many treatments will I receive?
If your aesthetic specialist determines that QWO is right for you, they will decide on a treatment plan, including total number of treatments. A treatment area is defined as a single buttock receiving up to 12 injections, each treatment visit may include up to 2 treatment areas. QWO injections will be given 21 days apart for 3 treatment visits.
How long will QWO last?In most cases, the results may last for years, and possibly a lifetime. However, you should be committed to maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle, diet, and a regular fitness regimen to enjoy the youthful outcomes of this treatment for as long as possible.
How will I receive QWO?
QWO is injected into the fat (subcutaneously) of each single buttock (treatment area) by your healthcare provider. You may receive up to 12 injections per treatment area.
- 7 Days Before treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
- Plan your treatment accordingly as for most aesthetics procedures. Post-injection site bruising is common with Qwo™ treatment related to its natural enzymatic reaction with the fibrous bands of the cellulite. We recommend you to plan your treatment around the time you might want to wear a bikini or swimsuit, etc.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Do not have Qwo treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to collagenase, or suffer from any bleeding disorders.
Day of appointment:
- Wear loose fitting garments to the appointment. You will have to completely expose the treatment area.
- The area of injection will be marked with a skin marking pen and may still faintly be present after treatment. This will come completely off in a shower.
- You may be tender in the areas of injection after the numbing medicine wears off.
- Majority of the clients experience bruising after the first treatment, and the severity of bruising subsequently lessens after each additional treatment session. The bruising is related to the mechanism of action of Qwo™ and not to the process of injection.
- You may ice the area for the first two days, apply a warm compress afterward to facilitate. But in general, our body will absorb, and untreated bruising will fade in 10 to 14 days.
- AVOID aspirin or ibuprofen products; they may increase your potential to bruise.
- You might experience minor pain, itchiness at the injection site. You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- There is no limitation on exercise or activity after treatment.
- There is no need to rub or massage the treated area(s).
- AVOID drinking alcohol for a minimum of 24-48 hours as this may contribute to bruising and/or swelling.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until bruising has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 40 or higher sunscreen.
- We recommend that you schedule your subsequent treatment in 21 days and return to the spa 28 days after completing the three (3) sessions for the final assessment of the result.
Please call our office should you have any questions or concerns regarding your Qwo™ treatment or aftercare at 540-720-1444 (Tue-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat. 10am-4pm), or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entire staff at Rejuvalase is committed to patient education, safety and care.
How much bruising can I expect after teach treatment?
In clinical trials, women required no post-treatment downtime. Most bruising lessened after each treatment and resolved in less than 21 days.
Do not receive QWO if you:
- Are allergic to any collagenase or to any of the ingredients in QWO.
- Have an active infection in the treatment area.
Before receiving QWO, tell your aesthetic specialist about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to a QWO injection in the past
- have a bleeding problem
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. (It is not known if QWO will harm your unborn baby.)
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. (It is not known if QWO passes into your breast milk. Talk to your provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive QWO.)
Tell your aesthetic specialist about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your aesthetic specialist if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of QWO?
QWO may cause serious side effects, including: Allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions, including anaphylaxis. Call your aesthetic specialist right away if you have any of these symptoms of an allergic reaction after an injection of QWO:
- swollen face
- trouble breathing
- chest pain
- low blood pressure
- dizziness or fainting
The most common side effects of QWO include bruising, pain, areas of hardness, itching, redness, discoloration, swelling and warmth in the treatment area.
What are the ingredients in QWO?
Active ingredient: collagenase clostridium histolyticum
Inactive ingredients: mannitol, sucrose, tromethamine, and hydrochloric acid
The diluent contains: calcium chloride dihydrate, sodium chloride, and Water for Injection, USP
Manufactured by: Endo Global Aesthetics Limited, Dublin, Ireland US license number 2136 Distributed by: Endo Aesthetics LLC , Malvern, PA 19355