VI PEEL With Precision Plus
The VI Peel is specifically engineered to reduce and even reverse the visible signs of aging and sun damage. This treatment also restores a healthy oil balance, eliminates acne-causing bacteria, and treats skin discoloration related to hormonal changes. It contains a blend of powerful ingredients that work synergistically to create smoother, younger-looking skin. VI Peels have been formulated using a combination of trichloracetic acid, salicylic acid, phenol, retinoic acid, kojic acid, L-ascorbic acid, hydroquinone, benzoyl peroxide, hydrocortisone, and a mineral blend. This proprietary blend can be applied to the neck, face, chest, arms, and hands, and each treatment takes 30 minutes or less.
Unlike conventional chemical peels, the VI Peel doesn’t “burn away” the uppermost layer of the skin; instead, it exfoliates the epidermis to encourage the natural shedding of dead and damaged cells. This gentle approach reduces discomfort, speeds recovery, and makes the VI Peel suitable for use on all skin types, including dark skin. The VI Peel is so gentle that it can even be used safely on the area under the eyes, where it works to improve skin firmness, lighten dark circles, and remove fine lines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The VI Peel can effectively treat all of the following common skin conditions:
- Hyperpigmentation, such as melasma, rosacea, broken capillaries, excessive freckling, and age spots. (Note that for more severe vascular abnormalities, we also offer Laser Correction.)
- Age-related skin changes, including fine lines, areas of rough or leathery skin, and skin laxity.
- Certain skin conditions, like acne (including acne-related scarring and redness), eczema, and psoriasis.
What types of skin respond well to the VI Peel?
ALL skin types can enjoy the benefits of the VI Peel. For the first time, African-American and darker skin types such as Asian and Latin clients can experience anti-aging and restorative skin repair that was previously unavailable.
How many treatments are recommended?
For most clients, peels should be done three to four times a year starting at puberty to repair sun damage that is already present, and to avoid permanent scarring for those affected by acne. The frequency of the peel depends on various factors and will be determined by your skincare specialist. For extremely damaged skin, the VI Peel can initially be done once a month to get quicker desired results.
When will I start peeling?
Most clients will begin peeling 2-3 days after their VI Peel was administered. The peeling process lasts 3-4 days, after which time, new, healthy tissue will begin to show.
Can I combine VI Peel with other treatments?
Yes, in fact, VI Peel can be used in conjunction with our other skin care treatments such as microdermabrasion, microneedling, and dermaplaning working synergistically to bring about a superbly beautiful result. At Rejuvalase, each treatment can be combined to enable you to target your specific needs and devise a specific and individual treatment plan for you ensuring maximum results.
How long do the results of the VI Peel last?
The results of a single VI Peel treatment remain visible for at least six months. After six months have passed, we recommend having a follow-up treatment to maintain flawless skin tone and texture. Repeated dermal peel treatments also ensure consistent collagen production, thereby preventing the formation of new lines, creases, and textural problems. For more comprehensive rejuvenation, you can choose to pair your VI Peel with complementary non-surgical treatments, like dermal fillers.
Note that not all of the results of your peel will be visible immediately after your skin has finished peeling. Continued improvements in skin condition are generally seen for up to six weeks after each treatment.
What to Expect During Recovery?
About five hours after you return home from your VI Peel appointment, you’ll be able to wash off the face mask that was applied during your treatment. Within two days, you will start to notice light peeling and flaking as dead skin cells are shed; however, soreness and irritation are not common side-effects of the VI Peel. After about six days, your skin will stop flaking and you’ll notice a new layer of clear, smooth skin forming.
How is the VI Peel Different from Other Peels?
Without exception, obsolete peels of the past epitomize the “no pain, no gain” approach to skincare. Before the VI Peel the deeper the peel, the more painful, the more downtime, the better the results. The VI Peel is the first peel to combine the strongest and most effective acids, yet it’s virtually painless with little downtime.
PRE & POST CARE
The VI Peel® contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. Vi Peel will improve the tone, texture, and clarity of the skin; reduce age spots, improve hyperpigmentation (including melasma), soften lines and wrinkles; clear acne skin conditions; reduce or eliminate acne scars; and stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin.
- Clients who are pregnant
- Clients who are breastfeeding should speak with their health care provider
- Clients who have an aspirin, hydroquinone or phenol allergy
- Clients who have used oral isotretinoin (Accutane) within the past 6 months
- Clients who have active cold sores, warts, open wounds or history of herpes simple
- Clients who are undergoing chemotherapy and or radiation therapy within 6 months
- Clients with a history of an autoimmune (i.e. Lupus) or liver disease/disorder as well as any condition that may weaken their immune system
- There may be some degree of discomfort such as burning, stinging, redness, heat or tightness during and a week after the procedure.
- Occasionally hyperpigmentation may develop which may persist for a week or months after the peel.
- Although complications are very rare, sometimes they may occur. In the event of any complications, immediately contact Rejuvalase.
- If you have any acne condition in the skin, the peel may bring out oils and bacteria from below the surface and can cause an actual breakout.
- Extended direct sun exposure including tanning beds are strictly prohibited before and after receiving the ViPeel.
- No activities involving excessive sweating can be done for 72-96 hours (exercise, sauna, hot tub steam room and that overheating may cause me to develop blisters or cause hyperpigmentation to worsen.)
- Protect the skin with an SPF 50+ and avoid sun exposure during the 7-day exfoliation process.
- Never pull on the skin that is shedding. It is recommended to use small cuticle scissors to trim the exfoliating skin. You may wash the face to help gently remove the hanging skin. If washing the face multiple times a day, be sure to add moisture back to the skin by applying the Post Peel Protectant or coconut oil.
Dermaplaning is suggested 4 to 6 weeks after your treatment. Maintenance of ViPeel treatments is necessary to maintain results, as well as the recommended skincare regimen and SPF 50+.
This treatment must be performed by a trained and licensed aesthetician.