Lips with natural-looking volume and Kysse-able softness
Why it’s special: Restylane Kysse is the first lip filler designed with XpresHAn Technology for flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year. Enhance the texture and color of the lips while maintaining a full range of expressions.
Benefits of Restylane Kysse
Less product, same results
What is Restylane® Kysse?
Lips lose volume, color, and elasticity with age. Restylane Kysse is a lip filler that adds volume, smooths upper lip lines for up to one year, and enhances lip color. Designed specifically for the movement of lips, Restylane Kysse is made with XpresHAn Technology’s innovative cross-linking gel for precise, natural-looking results.
How long does Restylane® Kysse treatment last?
Restylane® Kysse lasts up to one year, with optimal treatment.
What are the potential side effects of Restylane® Kysse?
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site and impaired hand function. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
How does Restylane® Kysse work?
Treatment with a product from the Restylane® family typically takes less than one hour (individual treatment times may vary). Generally, there is minimal downtime associated with treatment using the Restylane family of products.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
- Restylane® Kysse is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies such as manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane® Kysse may contain trace amounts of gram-positive bacterial proteins and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane® Kysse contains lidocaine and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material or other amide type anesthetics.
Most side effects will resolve with time. Your doctor may choose to treat side effects persisting over 30 days with antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid).
One of the risks with these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.