Face Your Hands. The first and only hyaluronic acid filler FDA-approved to treat your face and hands.
Why it’s special: Over time, natural fat begins to deteriorate, resulting in sagging skin, more prominent wrinkles, and a reduction of volume. Restylane Lyft, formerly known as Perlane-L®, is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel used to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the face and hands. Through nonsurgical injections, Restylane Lyft is specifically designed to add fullness to the cheeks, midface area, and the back of the hands to help complete your aesthetic look — for face and hands.
Benefits of Restylane:
Provides immediate lift
Less product, same results
What is Restylane® Lyft?
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for implantation into the deep dermis to superficial subcutis for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for subcutaneous to supraperiosteal implantation for cheek augmentation and correction of age related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for injection into the subcutaneous plane in the dorsal hand to correct volume deficit in patients over the age of 21.
How does Restylane® Lyft work?
The Restylane Lyft® works just like any other injectable filler. As the injection is inserted in the skin, it provides an instant lift. With the growing age, our skins start sagging and losing its volume. But this dermal filler can help counterbalance the effects of the losing volume and sagging of the skin. The best part about this injection is that it goes in deeper away from the skin and has larger particles giving a better and natural look and lasts up to two tears.
How long does Restylane® Lyft last?
The results of Restylane Lyft last about six to nine months, which is nearly twice as long as the results provided with collagen.
Do the injections hurt?
A Restylane® is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle. To help maximize your comfort, you should discuss the use of numbing medicines with your doctor before treatment
What are the potential side effects of Restylane®?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine contains trace amounts of gram positive bacterial proteins, and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is contraindicated for patients with bleeding disorders.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is contraindicated for patients with previous hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type, such as lidocaine.
One of the risks with these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.