Radiesse Volumizing Filler is a master-class in anti-aging treatments. Not only does it lift and define deep wrinkles, folds, and hollows in minutes, it stimulates the production of collagen, enabling the skin to counter the effects of aging naturally. Collagen is the primary substance that gives youthful skin its volume, bounce, elasticity, and strength. As we age, the breakdown of collagen leads to loss of volume, which ultimately results in visible aging signs such as wrinkles and lines.
Radiesse Volumizing Filler is both a short-term and long-term treatment in that it fills and smoothes the skin instantly, and also promotes natural collagen production for results that may last up to a year.
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- For Subdermal implantations
- Hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the dorsum of the hands.
- Restoration and/or correction of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) in people with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Hyper Dilution for skin biosimulation in face, neck, décolletage, and the body. (buttocks-skin/cellulite, knees, thighs, arms.)
- Non-surgical butt lift
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is an injectable filler that works by immediately restoring facial volume to smooth out the signs of aging. Once injected, it works with your body to stimulate the production of your own natural collagen for results that may last a year or more in many clients
What is the difference between RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler and other fillers?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler has the unique ability to both immediately restore lost volume and stimulate your body to produce its own natural collagen for long-lasting results
How does it work?
Once injected, RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler does exactly as it says: it fills or replenishes volume lost over time for a more refreshed looking you. Then it goes to work by stimulating your body to produce its own natural collagen.1 Over time, your body absorbs the product and leaves behind only your own natural collagen for long-lasting results.
How soon can I expect results?
Instantly! Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging.
How long does it last?
Not only does RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler provide immediate correction, but the natural, beautiful results may also last a year or more in many patients
How much does it cost?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler can treat a broad range of clients based on their individual needs. Just one syringe can provide full correction! During a consultation, your provider will be able to determine the amount that is best for you and provide you with a customized cost estimate.
Does it hurt?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine (an anesthetic). That means you can experience a more comfortable wrinkle treatment. In fact, in a clinical study, using RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler mixed with lidocaine significantly reduced pain in 90% of patients treated
What is it made of?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres which are suspended in a natural, water-based gel. These calcium-based microspheres are similar to minerals that are found naturally in your body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, your body absorbs these tiny microspheres and the gel and leaves behind only your own natural collagen.
How is the treatment performed?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is injected into the skin in a simple, safe, quick procedure that can even be done over your lunch hour. RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler injections are more comfortable because it has been FDA approved for mixing with lidocaine, a kind of anesthetic.
Is it safe?
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is FDA approved and has undergone rigorous testing in clinical studies to prove its safety. As with all filler treatments, patients may experience redness, bruising, swelling or other local side effects. Most side effects of treatment resolve within a few days. Rarer side effects may include swelling that lasts longer, unevenness or firmness in the area injected, and as with any injection, there may be a risk of infection.
Are there any side effects?
Just like any injection, you may experience mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising or tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
How long is the recovery time?
Very little to no down-time involved in a RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler procedure. In fact, most clients return to their normal, daily activities right after their visit. Every client is unique, so be sure to discuss your plans with your provider.
PRE & POST CARE
- No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in the treated area(s).
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- Swelling, redness, and tenderness will occur after your treatment and usually resolves within 72 hours. Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours of treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) or extremely cold weather.
- If you have suffered previously from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Ask your treatment provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Avoid aesthetic lasers, microdermabrasion, or IPL over areas with Radiesse for a minimum of one week after treatment.
Follow up treatments should be scheduled usually every six months.
Consistently repeated treatments at Rejuvalase will produce the best resolution of wrinkles.