As we age, the tone and texture of our skin change. Fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear, age spots and blemishes may develop, and the texture of our skin can become coarse and uneven.
Our 360Laser Treatment treatment combines our Alma IPL Photofacial, Pixel Perfect Resurfacing, and Skin Tightening treatments into a single visit. This combination of different modalities treats fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations from deep within the skin to give you a lasting new, revitalized look.
There are 360 degrees of problems that people have with their skin. We can treat them all at once!
Benefits of the 360Laser:
- Stimulates New Collagen
- Improves Skin’s Color
- Improved Texture and Tone
- Permanent Results
What is a Laser360 Treatment?
Laser360 combines multiple technologies to treat the most common symptoms of premature aging: color, texture and skin tightness. Laser360 is different from other skin rejuvenation systems, because it’s non-invasive and customized exclusively for you.
Laser360 combines the following three unique technologies to provide comprehensive skin rejuvenation:
Alma Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for color – Pulses of light even out your skin color and reduce tiny broken blood vessels and other color irregularities.*
Pixel® for texture and tone – This precision laser creates thousands of microscopic perforations, which stimulate new collagen to grow. The new collagen improves your skin’s texture and tone to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. The skin around each of these perforations remains intact, which allows the skin’s top layer to heal from the edge of these tiny holes very rapidly.
Near-infrared for tightness – Deep heating helps firms up any loose skin so you regain a more youthful, contoured appearance.
Each technology is delivered through a simple hand-piece that is placed against your skin. The treated area will gradually rejuvenate over the course of your customized treatment plan.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Those with a higher Fitzpatrick score, those with a tan or active sunburn and those with melasma are not good candidates. Because the light of the laser is targeting pigment, darker skin tones can actually become discolored and melasma patches can become darker.
Does the treatment hurt?
There is some discomfort during the laser treatment. We use a Zimmer, which blows cold air over the skin to help numb the skin during the treatment. After the 360Laser treatment is performed, there will be a sunburn-type sensation. We treat small sections of the skin and apply a topical numbing cream, which relieves the heat sensation very quickly. We provide you with a small amount of the topical numbing cream to reapply at home for the first 24 hours as needed for any discomfort.
What can I expect after the treatment?
The treated area will be very red and swollen for the first 24-48 hours. The skin will begin to flake and peel on days 3-4. This is especially noticeable during cleansing the skin. The skin on the face is usually essentially healed after 5 days – though there may still be some redness. The skin on areas of the body (anywhere off the face) can take at least twice as long to heal because the skin turns over more slowly and does not have as many oil glands present. Most clients can begin to apply mineral makeup after 3-4 days. We recommend scheduling a DiamondGlow appointment 1-2 weeks after your treatment to complete the process of eliminating the dead skin cells and rehydrating your skin.
What do I need to do to maintain results?
The best way to maintain results is to protect the skin from the sun. One or two treatments per year are helpful in some patients to keep brown spots and fine lines at bay. A home skin care regimen will be recommended to you after a full assessment of your skin. Each person is different and Rejuvalase will have a customized treatment plan recommended for you by your therapist.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Do not use exfoliants for 1 week prior to and 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- In some cases, you may be asked to “pre-treat” with lightening agents. Your technician will tell you whether or not and how long to use lightening agents prior to treatment. If you are using or are asked to use lightening agents, discontinue usage 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to treatment.
- Notify Rejuvalase if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid Ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 1 to 2 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- You will experience a sunburned sensation and pinking of skin immediately following treatment. Most people experience some level of discomfort (mild to severe) post-treatment for up to 12 hours. Although more unusual, swelling is possible.
- Post laser products can be purchased from our office.
- If “stacking” technique is used, you will experience a severe sunburned sensation, the skin may be raw, swelling is expected and the area may ooze.
- DO NOT cleanse the skin for 24 hours post-treatment. You may use cool compresses and mild/gentle moisturizers to help with any discomfort in the first 24 hours. Pinking or redness of the skin and burning sensation within the first 24 hours is normal.
- Tiny scabs or marks may be seen one to several days after the treatment if face/neck was treated and up to several weeks if “stacking” is used or treatment is done on the body. If any are marks are raw or open, use an antibiotic ointment. Do not pick or scrub at the marks.
- For most face/neck treatments, cleanse the area and use gentle moisturizer beginning the day after the treatment and several times throughout the day while marks are present. If the “stacking” technique is used or if treatment is being done on the body, please see next bullet below.
- If “stacking” technique is done (please ask your technician if this will be done) or if treatment is being done on the body, gently cleanse the area, apply hydrocortisone cream followed by a thin layer of antibiotic ointment several times a day for the first week or until the area is healed.
- Otherwise, you generally may resume your normal facial skin care regimen after 3 days (or as otherwise advised by your technician).
- Use SPF 30 or higher daily on the treated area if exposed.
- Generally, make-up may be applied the day after your treatment unless “stacking” is used, in which case make-up should not be used until the skin is healed.
Follow Up Treatment
Depending on your starting point and your lifestyle following treatment, your new look can last several months or longer. For most clients, a touch-up treatment after 6–12 months (usually using a different light-based skin rejuvenation technology) helps maintain a healthy glow.
- Malignant or pre-malignant pigmented lesions
- Photosensitive medications (e.g. Alpha Hydroxyl or Glycolic Acid) within a week of treatment
- Known anticoagulative or thromboembolic condition or use of anticoagulation medication
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Active infection at the site of treatment
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- History of seizures triggered by light
- Use of Isotrentinoin (Accutane) within the past 6 months
- Presence of a deep suntan, sunburn, or artificially toned skin. Avoid sun exposure and tanning, including self-tanning products for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. Remove skin bronzers completely prior to treatment. A sunscreen with SPF 35 or more should be used on any treatment areas exposed to the sun. If you have recently tanned you will be instructed to stay out of the sun and return for treatment when the tan has faded