Defyne your expression. Invest in yourself with real-life results that help maintain natural movement to help keep you looking like you.
Why it’s special: Crafted with XpresHAn Technology™, Restylane® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). Using innovative cross-linking technology, Restylane Defyne is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is able to help restore a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural expressions.
Benefits of Restylane Defyne
Less product, same results
What is Restylane® Defyne ?
Restylane® Defyne is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe, deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Defyne is indicated for injection into the mid-to deep dermis (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion over the age of 21
How is Restylane® Defyne different?
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and the lines that run from the sides of the nose toward the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) become more pronounced. Restylane Defyne is crafted with XpresHAn Technology™ to correct these deepened lines.3† The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Defyne is also designed to help support your facial expressions—for natural-looking results that help maintain your natural movement.
Restylane® Kysse lasts up to one year, with optimal treatment.
What are the potential side effects of Restylane® Defyne ?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
- Restylane® Defyne is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane® Defyne may contain trace amounts of gram-positive bacterial proteins and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane® Defyne contains lidocaine and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material or other amide type local anesthetics.
One of the risks with these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.