Natural Results, That Refyne Your Laugh Lines & Lips
Restylane Refyne is a natural-looking product for adding soft volume to the lips. If you are looking for smoother and subtly-augmented lips, then Restylane Refyne is a perfect filler for you!
Why it’s special: Restylane Refyne is made of small particles, making it a flexible product for a beautiful, natural-looking restoration. This is an advanced HA (Hyaluronic Acid) gel filler designed with XpresHAn Technology™ and is FDA-approved to help soften laugh lines. XpresHAn Technology customizes the cross-linking of the HA in the products, which allows for the creation of different gel textures that address various degrees of volume loss in lip injections.
Benefits of Restylane Refyne
Less product, same results
What is Restylane® Refyne ?
Restylane Refyne is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in patients over the age of 21.
How is Restylane® Refyne different?
As skin loses elasticity with age, the lines that run from the sides of your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corners of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) appear more noticeable. Restylane Refyne is a specifically formulated hyaluronic acid dermal filler made with XpresHAn TechnologyTM that helps correct these lines for a more natural look to your face.3,4 The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Refyne is also designed to help support your natural expression—for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when you're smiling, frowning and even puckering up.
What is the recovery of Restylane® Refyne ?
There is minimal downtime typically associated with the Restylane® Refyne procedure, if any at all. However, some patients may experience minor swelling or bruising at the area of treatment. These side effects typically fade quickly, should they occur. Patients can see the outcome of Restylane® Refyne immediately, and the results can last up to 12 months or longer. Patients often schedule follow-up treatment sessions to maintain their youthful results.
What are the potential side effects of Restylane® Refyne ?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
- Restylane Refyne is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane Refyne may contain trace amounts of gram-positive bacterial proteins and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane Refyne contains lidocaine and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
One of the risks with these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.